Didn't have a lot of time, so I just looked at last two years JUCO recruiting had -- 2015 and 2017 (for some reason no 2016) and PGs in the top 50. In 2017, there were 7 such players and in 2016 there were only 4 listed as PGs.
9. Semajae Haynes-Jones -- Wichita St. 11.0 mpg, 5.3 ppg, 1.3 apg, 41.3
13. Chris Darrington -- Tenn 8.4 mpg, 2.6 ppg, 0.8 apg, 36.5 FG%
17. Josh Webster -- Texas Tech 5.6 mpg, 0.3 ppg, 0.7 apg, 15.0 FG%
18. Corey Davis -- Houston 30.2 mpg, 13.1 ppg, 2.4 apg, 44.4 FG%
33. Michael Miller -- N. Texas 12.2 mpg, 3.6 ppg, 0.5 apg, 44.2 FG%
38. Chris McNeal -- New Mexico 24.5 mpg, 9.5 ppg, 2.7 apg, 37.2 FG%
44. Delfincko Bogan -- TN-Martin 27.3 mpg, 9.3 ppg, 3.0 apg, 48.5 FG%
Some might remember Bogan. He had 23 pts (3 of 5 from 3pt), 4 rebs, 6 asts, 7 steals against the Illini this year.
22. Jaylen Brantley -- Maryland 8.4 mpg, 2.4 ppg, 0.6 apg, 47.4 FG% and Sr year 16.8 mpg, 4.9 ppg, 1.0 apg, 38.2 FG%
36. Bryce Jones -- Murray St. 31.9 mpg, 12.7 ppg, 4.2 apg, 39.1 FG% and Sr year 31.0 mpg, 12.0 ppg, 3.5 apg, 36.5 FG%
37. Justin Pride -- Cal-Bakersfield. 17.8 mpg, 3.9 ppg, 2.8 apg, 34.7 FG% and Sr year 17.2 mpg, 3.0 ppg, 2.3 apg, 38.8 FG%
51. Dedrick Basile -- Cal-Bakersfield. 29.3 mpg, 12.0 ppg, 3.7 apg, 46.9 FG% and Sr year 29.8 mpg, 12.6 ppg, 3.0 apg, 43.9 FG%
Not sure what this shows, since I have no idea how these guys compare to Feliz. But definitely a mixed bag.
He’s just enjoying the drama.
but Dad want to take time and do some more visits.
There's a good reason why Ramey has the offers he does and Feliz the offers he does. Who else is after Feliz but IL? If he ends up at IL then I'll be all for him, but i get the biggest kick out of folks who actually think he would be a better player for Illini. I don't know if there delusional or if that's how some cope when something doesn't pan out. Somebody even posted Feliz would start next year. Ain't gonna happen.
Ramey, could have an impact next year. Feliz, will provide some depth. If he proves me wrong I will happily be wrong, again.
Enough already! Are we going to let this kid slow play us? If you want to an ILLINI say so now.
If he wants to go to Mizzou let him. We will be way, way better than them in the next few years.
Bring on The General.
Lyle was a knucklehead with all sorts of issues. By all accounts Ramey is nothing like that. He's just taking his time to make the right decision for himself. I guess if that doesn't fit the schedule of impatient message board fans that somehow means he's playing with us.
More accolades for Alan Griffin
I disagree. When is the last time a juco guy made an impact? They obviously have minutes at point, but with Frazier and Ayo we are a long way from the "we have our PG" days of having no-one to bring the ball up the floor. You can certainly afford to wait another week on a top 40 kid this late in the game before taking a guy who is unlikely to make an impact. Doesn't really matter what any of us think because I'm guessing Underwood has a pretty good read on Ramey after having an in-home yesterday and also a much better evaluation of El General's skills than anyone here.