Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

Illinois 64, Penn State 59 POSTGAME

Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:27 PM   #101
OrchardDowns
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
RT @IlliniHoops 5 in a row! #Illini #winning http://pic.twitter.com/HcE124eapy

Hey Dan. What happened to Ilphotog and all those GREAT photos we used to see after games?
OrchardDowns is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:29 PM   #102
Dan
Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrchardDowns View Post
Hey Dan. What happened to Ilphotog and all those GREAT photos we used to see after games?
Cary moved on to other opportunities, if you're on facebook you can check out his photos: https://www.facebook.com/cary.frye
Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:32 PM   #103
wpr
Quote:
Cary moved on to other opportunities, if you're on facebook you can check out his photos: https://www.facebook.com/cary.frye
that is wonderful for Cary. All the best to him.
wpr is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:35 PM   #104
sdfidaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warriors1994 View Post
its good to get a win. but i think the word for tonight is disappointing. We were hoping to hit them in the jaw and they really didnt do it
We didn't play well.
We played hard.
They played hard.
They have a lot of confidence against us for good reason.
We won.
I'm happy!!
sdfidaho is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:42 PM   #105
plooger
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSpence View Post
... but I still think that if we happen to pull out a win @ Iowa, we'll be playing for the bye in that last game. Unfortunately, so will OSU.
That ship has sailed. Only the top 4 teams get byes in the BTT. (And it'll be a stretch to catch UM and/or Wisc.)

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...bb_bracket.pdf
plooger is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:42 PM   #106
Dan
Admin

Rob McColley
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:43 PM   #107
Larken24
With the way this team has been going, is it wrong to think that we can actually win the rest of our games before the Big 10 tournament? Just look how Michigan showed up against Michigan state
Larken24 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:47 PM   #108
wpr
Kevin Montminy, fouled out after playing only 3 minutes. Even if there is a rounding error in there and he actually play more minutes, how is that possible? He had to foul almost every time IL came down court. I would think it would take 10 minutes or more to get 5 fouls.
wpr is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:48 PM   #109
plooger
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird6 View Post
Especially when you look at wins OOC against Butler, GOnzaga, NC et al.
NC?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:48 PM   #110
plooger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan fan 86 View Post
Why so many empty seats in A section? There must have been 200 on each side. I know it was Penn St. but it happens most games. Very pathetic.
Weather.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:53 PM   #111
plooger
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxIllini2 View Post
If we expect to go 2-2 or better in our next 4, TG needs to re-find the stroke.
Tyler isn't alone on that score.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:55 PM   #112
mdkIllini15
Really not sure what to think about this one. As it was happening, I was fairly upset at everything. Looking back at the stats they don't seem to reflect an awful game. The refs were totally unwilling to let the game get any flow. We got out rebounded badly, which is kind of surprising given the recent trend. Passing was soffffffffffft. Real surprised at the willingness to take the shot clock down on most possessions and how much trouble they had breaking the press. No one involved in the game looked like they 100% wanted to be there, including fans and officials.

That being said defense was good. Really liked the way they forced turnovers. There was a lot of hustle from Sam again.

They over looked this PSU team (for good reason) and almost paid for it. A win is a win. On to Michigan
mdkIllini15 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:56 PM   #113
UIIU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larken24 View Post
With the way this team has been going, is it wrong to think that we can actually win the rest of our games before the Big 10 tournament? Just look how Michigan showed up against Michigan state

I couldn't agree more! This team has me excited!!!! Groce is doing a tremendous job. I know you guys don't like the IU comparisons but, I have watched what Crean did at IU and that is exactly what Groce is doing at Illinois! He is building confidence which equals winning attitude and that is what Illinois needs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:c hief:
UIIU is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:59 PM   #114
HeartofaChampion
A win is a win is a win is a win. Come March 19, all it will look like on our resume is a W and make us a higher seed in the Dance. Let's take the win and get ready for UM.
HeartofaChampion is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:04 PM   #115
Dan
Admin
Bracket: The Big Ten Tournament if it were to be held tomorrow-

Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:08 PM   #116
bleedsorangenblue
I don't know what our free throw percentage was for this game but it seemed about 50%. Shoot a few more free throws, get the back end attemps at the 1 and 1, and this game is not nearly as close. Glad we won but I find this aspect particularly disturbing. Having a poor offensive game is excuseable in a hard fought defensive game. Not making a reasonable amout of free throws is not. Just seemed indicative of a flat effort all around. Hopefully, the guys got this out of their system and will come back on fire against MI.
bleedsorangenblue is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:16 PM   #117
JSpence
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but this is only our second 5-game conference winning streak since the NC season. Nice job, guys!

2010:
@ PSU
Indiana
@ Iowa
MSU (#5)
@ Wisky (#13)

lost to OSU (#16)
JSpence is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:18 PM   #118
bootsy
Quote:
Bracket: The Big Ten Tournament if it were to be held tomorrow-

I think we could win the tournament with this bracket.
bootsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:24 PM   #119
JSpence
Quote:
Originally Posted by plooger View Post
That ship has sailed. Only the top 4 teams get byes in the BTT. (And it'll be a stretch to catch UM and/or Wisc.)

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...bb_bracket.pdf
Oh. Right. I suppose we were just talking about that yesterday...
JSpence is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:26 PM   #120
jcgoldie
I love that bracket can we cash in our chips now? I mean a Friday matchup with Wisky and avoid MSU Indy and Mich until Saturday? I think we would love another shot at the Badgers...
jcgoldie is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:32 PM   #121
micahmccoy
Quote:
First time poster, but I've been reading the site for a few years. I always enjoyed Cary's photos!

If you are ever interested in having photo coverage for the site again, I'd be interested. I shoot weddings and things now, but I've always had a desire to shoot some Illini sports on the side for fun. Even thought about starting my own Illini site to try and get credentials! :laugh:
micahmccoy is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:40 PM   #122
illinihawk16
Former Lurker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larken24 View Post
I agree that we can win any game the rest of the way, but I don't like our chances against a Michigan team in Ann Arbor that has had all week to prepare for us.
illinihawk16 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:54 PM   #123
freebird6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonIllini View Post
NC?
SC and add EK for OOC wins with top 100 RPi. Thinking of RPI under 100 wins for seeding purposes. Mizzou is sitting up at around mid 30's....would have been a good win.
freebird6 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:17 AM   #124
WashUIllini
Quote:
They were pretty much designed for the snow I thought.

WashUIllini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:20 AM   #125
My2Cents
Quote:
When we were 2-7 it was madness to suggest that we'd be 7-7. I'll take it anyway we can get it.
My2Cents is offline Reply With Quote

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Basketball | Next Thread »