UofI Basketball..off the chain
Quote:
DJ told me last week his right elbow was "popping" when he shot the ball
AK Illini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2010, 11:26 AM   #3
jmontgo3
Wow, great stuff!

Quote:
-He's not a perfect coach, and I don't know if one exists, but he's one of the best humans I've been around. Now we'll see if he can get this program on the winning track again.

-One thing these guys need to stop doing is staring down the opposing bench. Especially when it's Southern Indiana or Lewis. And trust me, you don't want to do that against Pitt.
jmontgo3 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2010, 11:30 AM   #4
DaytonIllini
There was a lot in that chat. He sometimes is a bit cryptic. I liked the part about DMac and Weber chatting and teasing each other at D&B's.

I am not as confident as Klee about a win against Texas. They are pretty good.

Old Nov 17, 2010, 11:37 AM   #5
IlliniRunIn07
I simply love these Klee chats. I've become hooked up them in the past few weeks/months. He sure did toot his own horn a couple times in this chat though!

Quote:
That’s why we had Ohio State at No. 3 on our most recent AP Top 25 ballot.
Quote:
But I also ranked Gonzaga much lower than most voters - and lower than San Diego State, which won in Spokane last night.
Hey, but so far it seems he's right!
IlliniRunIn07 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2010, 11:45 AM   #6
stlrunner
jakeyjakey
Yeah, he tooted his horn a bit, but I like Klee. He knows his stuff.
stlrunner is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2010, 12:16 PM   #7
HeartofaChampion
Quote:
There has been a lot of fans discussion this year about who should start for the Illini. In your opinion how important is that to individual players and team chemistry? Specifically, how important to Bill Cole, Jereme, and Brandon? Is the controversy affecting the players and will that change as the season progresses?

Moderator: Denis- It matters to players. If they tell you otherwise, they're pulling your chain or their name is Trent Meacham. Brandon Paul wants to start. So does Jereme Richmond. Bill Cole? He's older. He simply wants to win. I think you'll see Brandon Paul in the starting lineup sooner rather than later. He's left a mark in games, but he's also doing it in practice. Klee
Telling quote.
HeartofaChampion is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2010, 12:18 PM   #8
AK Illini
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartofaChampion View Post
Telling quote.
Klee has been beating that drum for some time.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 12:22 PM   #9
SaltLife
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrunner View Post
Yeah, he tooted his horn a bit, but I like Klee. He knows his stuff.
Reading Klee for last couple of seasons, I don't think his basketball evaluations and assessments are necessarily spot on or that his knowledge or command of the game are superior to many basketball junkies. Paul does provide some inside information and has connections but that doesn't make him a b-ball bible. I have seen him make several proved wrong conclusions which have differed from other basketball media types and analysts as well as my own. But he is still a good read for information, especially about team news.
SaltLife is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2010, 12:33 PM   #10
4LaCosaNostra
im a coach, all be it a freshman basketball coach,, it is a balancing act on how to handle each kid.. weber nows what he is doing, has dmac lost it a couple times when weber rides him, ya, so what.. weber also knows and has said/used countless times with dmac and others, " I call their mothers".. i bet most parents love weber and tell their kid to suck it up and learn from him.. go illini cant wait for game tomorrow!!!!
4LaCosaNostra is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2010, 12:46 PM   #11
joekam
I'm guessing the bench staring is what caused the technical fouls in one of the exhibition games? Yeah fellas, lets avoid that. I like the attitude this season's team has gained, but channel that attitude productively on the court. Block shots, clean hard fouls to prevent easy baskets, ripping away rebounds from the other team's hands, and being in their grill on defense.
joekam is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2010, 01:01 PM   #12
NYCIllini
Klee is awesome. And thanks to the internet it is easier to be an avid Illini fan living in NY. For all those visitng this weekend come out this Saturday and meet Paul Klee. He will be at the Ainsworth on 26th st between 6th & 7th ave at 2PM. Following our meet n greet with Paul and Brad Sturdy of rivals.com we will stay to watch the Illinois Northwestern game.
NYCIllini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2010, 01:05 PM   #13
AK Illini
$8 beers
Old Nov 17, 2010, 01:51 PM   #14
Edgar Mundo
Supervenience
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Illini View Post
$8 beers
Maybe it's a 72 oz. beer??!

Old Nov 17, 2010, 07:45 PM   #15
MTILLINOIS
OF, was that your question posted?
MTILLINOIS is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2010, 07:58 PM   #16
Obelix
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltLife View Post
Reading Klee for last couple of seasons, I don't think his basketball evaluations and assessments are necessarily spot on or that his knowledge or command of the game are superior to many basketball junkies. Paul does provide some inside information and has connections but that doesn't make him a b-ball bible. I have seen him make several proved wrong conclusions which have differed from other basketball media types and analysts as well as my own. But he is still a good read for information, especially about team news.
Agreed. Klee is not a great basketball mind but he does work hard and stays connected to the program.
Obelix is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2010, 09:07 PM   #17
go illini 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonIllini View Post
There was a lot in that chat. He sometimes is a bit cryptic. I liked the part about DMac and Weber chatting and teasing each other at D&B's.

I am not as confident as Klee about a win against Texas. They are pretty good.
I liked that part to, it's cool to see the best player (or any player in general) have that close of a relationship with a coach.

And it made me laugh, because when I read Dave and Busters I automatically thought of this: http://www.theonion.com/articles/bid...busters,17285/
go illini 90 is offline Reply With Quote

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Basketball | Next Thread »