Does anyone have a recommendation for a good cbb stat site?
I'm trying to calibrate my stats-based expectations for portal options, by gaining some perspective on the efficiency of league players this past season.
Some of the patterns I'm seeing are fascinating, but I'm not sure how reliable the data is that I'm finding so far.
According to stats pulled from CBS's site, thirty B10 players attempted over 100 threes AND made at least 32% of them (Matt and Terrence being our only two). We also had two of ten players who shot at least 100 at a rate lower than 32% (Coleman and Jayden).
Sorting this list by percentage, it's interesting to find that 18 of the 22 most efficient shooters were concentrated on just 6 teams (Indiana, Rutgers, Nebraska, and Northwestern each had one player in the top 22) ...
* MSU players at 1, 3, and 5 (all shooting 42.3% or higher)
* PSU players at 6, 9, 13, and 14 (all shooting 37.5% or higher)
* WIS players at 7, 12, and 16 (all shooting 37.1% or higher)
* OSU players at 8, 15, and 17 (all shooting 36.9% or higher)
* MICH players at 10, 18, and 19 (all shooting 35.5% or higher)
* IOWA players at 21, 22, 25, and 26 (all shooting 33.3% or higher)
It's also fascinating that none of these six teams had anyone shoot at least 100 threes at a percentage lower than 33.3%.
Northwestern, Maryland, and Illinois were similar, in that each team had two guys in the 32-34% range AND two guys in the sub-32% range. The other four sub-32%'ers were singles from Nebraska, Purdue, Minnesota, and Rutgers.